FragTop300

Friday, January 12, 2007

1 (5) JUST A DAY - FEEDER

[-,3,2,2,5] **NEW NUMBER ONE**
(not on any UK album... single: Dec 2001
#1 in my chart: 5 weeks in 2001/02)

"How come it ended up like this?
And who's gonna catch me when I'm coming down to hit the ground again

ALL. BY. MY. SELF.
(Waking up at 12, in my clothes again)
'Cos I don't wanna drag you down, hold you dooown
'Cos you're a friend
I'LL. BLAME. MY. SELF.
(Feel my head explode, from a lot of gin)
I guess you think it's funny now, FUNNY NOW..."

The best first minute of ANY song, let alone a rock song. Quite frankly it's got the best rest-of-song too, hence its lofty placing. Heretofore (is that a word?) always the bridesmaid, now the main attraction, and the only reason why the #2 isn't #1.
Feeder become the first band to have three songs in the top 10. This is the first song to get FIVE years in a row in the top five, and it's one of only three songs (in 8 years of my chart) to get five weeks at #1.
Oh, and it's amazing live.
Once I watched them from the seats at Hammersmith Apollo, and after wanting to stand for most of the set but feeling self-conscious and not wanting to block the view of the people behind me... they played this as the last song of the encore. Grant even gave us a little wave of acknowledgement when we stood up.

"Do do-do do, Do do-do do, Do do-do do, Do do-do dooo......"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home